Transform 3D Objects
TABLE OF CONTENTS
When using BIM Compare in SiteView, you can transform (move) 3D objects inside a Capture Viewer. The feature is called Transformation. It allows you to move a BIM object in the X, Y, or Z axes.
Here is how to use it:
1. Click on the BIM Compare layout.
2. Overlay a BIM object, or several objects, onto a pano in the Capture Viewer.
3. Once the objects appear in the Capture Viewer, you can then click on one, or use Shift + left-click to select several objects for transformation. We will select three objects for our example.
4. With the objects selected:
A. Right-click on one of the highlighted objects.
B. Move the mouse and hover over 3 Selected Objects.
C. Click on Start Transformation.
5. We can now use the following object movement options in the Capture Viewer:
- For moving along the X axis, a red arrow and a pink square.
- For moving along the Y-axis, a green arrow and a yellow square.
- For moving along the Z-axis, a blue arrow and a teal square.
- For moving objects freely, a white diamond in the center.
We can also see the 3D Object notification in the bottom corner of the BIM Viewer. This shows us the movement of the objects.
6. If we want to rotate the objects, we can right-click on a colored square or the white diamond, then click on Rotate.
7. We can now rotate the objects in the Capture Viewer:
- For rotating along the X-axis, a red diamond and circle.
- For rotating along the Y-axis, a green diamond and circle.
- For rotating along the Z-axis, a blue diamond and circle.
- For rotating in relation to your viewpoint, a yellow circle with small arrows pointing inward.
We can also see the 3D Object notification in the bottom corner of the BIM Viewer. This shows us the rotation of the objects.
8. If we right-click on one of the objects, we can either go back to Translate, or click on Done to complete the Transformation. Let's click on Done.
9. Here is the final result of the 3D Object Transformation. It appears that the entire floor was built wrong! Time to call the contractors back in for some rework!!