Download Image Files from a Camera
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Create a Folder for Image Files
- Connect the Camera to the Computer
- Locate Image Files on the Camera
- Download Image Files to the Computer
Create a Folder for Image Files
- Create a folder on your computer to hold the image files. We recommend placing it somewhere easy to find, like on your Desktop.
- Do not use a folder in a network-attached drive. The image files need to be on the local computer drive for uploading to CupixWorks.
Connect the Camera to the Computer
- Use the USB cable that came with your camera and connect it to the computer.
- You should hear a series of sounds that indicate it is connecting.
- Once the sounds stop, open your computer's file explorer.
- The different Insta360 camera models have USB drive details that typically look something like this:
- Insta360 cameras: USB Drive (D:) and subfolder DCIM.
- If you do not see the drives and folders, email email@example.com for assistance.
Locate Image Files on the Camera
- Click on the camera drive folders until you reach the image files:
- For Insta360 cameras: USB Drive -> DCIM -> Camera01.
- Locate the Insta360 image files you have recorded by the file names:
- VID_ and end with .insv. (Note that .insv files come in pairs.)
- IMG_ and end with .insp.
- If you are looking for videos only, choose .insv files. If you are looking for still photos only, choose .insp files.
- Read this article for a detailed explanation of what the file names mean.
Download Image Files to the Computer
- Highlight the files you need in the camera folder.
- Right-click on one of the files, then click on Copy. Alternatively, press Control + C.
- Inside the computer folder you created, right-click, then click on Paste. Alternatively, press Control + V.