Download Image Files from a Camera
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Create Folder for Image Files
- Connect Camera to Computer
- Locate Image Files on Camera
- Download Image Files to Computer
Create Folder for Image Files
- Create a folder on your computer to hold the image files. We recommend placing it somewhere easy to find, like on your Desktop.
- Do not use a folder in a network attached drive. The image files need to be on the local computer drive for uploading to CupixWorks.
Connect Camera to Computer
- Use the USB cable that came with your camera and connect it to the computer.
- You should hear a series of sounds that indicate it is connecting.
- Once the sounds stop, open your computer's file explorer.
- The different camera models have USB drive details that typically look something like:
- Insta360 cameras: USB Drive (D:) and subfolder DCIM.
- Ricoh cameras: RICOH THETA Z1 and subfolder Fixed Storage.
- If you do not see the drives and folders, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Locate Image Files on Camera
- Click on the camera drive folders until you reach the image files:
- For Insta360 cameras: USB Drive -> DCIM -> Camera01.
- For Ricoh cameras: RICOH THETA Z1 -> Fixed Storage -> DCIM -> 100RICOH.
- Locate the image files you have recorded. Each camera brand has its own way of managing file names:
- Insta360 file names start with VID_ or IMG_ and end with .insv or .insp. Note that .insv files come in pairs.
- Ricoh file names start with R00 and end with .MP4 or .JPG.
- If you are looking for videos only, choose .insv or .MP4 files. If you are looking for still photos only, choose .insp or .JPG files.
- Read this article for a detailed explanation of what the file names mean.
Download Image Files to Computer
- Highlight the files you need in the camera folder.
- Right click on one of the files, then click on Copy. Alternatively, press Control + C.
- Inside the computer folder you created, right click, then click on Paste. Alternatively, press Control + V.