TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is Zapier?
- How does CupixWorks + Zapier help Me?
- What Events are Supported?
- How do you use Zapier with CupixWorks?
What is Zapier?
Zapier lets you connect different apps together to create custom automated workflows. it provides codeless integration for everyone on your project. With it, you can eliminate data silos, streamline workflows, and receive notifications from popular collaboration apps.
How does CupixWorks + Zapier help Me?
CupixWorks is now available as an app in Zapier. Use CupixWorks events to trigger actions with your connected apps. Some examples:
- When an annotation is created in my project, add a new row to Google Sheets.
- When my project's area processing is finalized, post a new message in Slack.
Click here to learn about how events, triggers, and actions work.
What Events are Supported?
CupixWorks currently supports the following Zapier events:
- Create Annotation - triggers when a new annotation is created.
- Create Comment - triggers when a new comment is created.
- Delete Annotation - triggers when an annotation is deleted.
- Delete Comment - triggers when a comment is deleted.
- Update Annotation - triggers when an annotation is updated.
- Update Comment - triggers when a comment is updated.
- Processing finalized Area - triggers when area processing is finalized.
- Uploaded Area - triggers when an area is uploaded.
How do you use Zapier with CupixWorks?
- Sign up for a free account or log into your existing account. For this example, we will use a Google account to log into Zapier.com, making it easier to work with Google Apps.
- Once you are logged in, click on My Apps.
- Type cupix in the Search apps box, then click on the Connect button.
- A new window will pop up asking for access to your CupixWorks Account. You will need your CupixWorks API Key to proceed.
- In your CupixWorks project, click on Settings in the upper right next to your profile picture.
- Click on the copy icon next to your API Key. (Note that I have blurred out my API Key as a security precaution for this tutorial.)
- Back in the Zapier pop up window, paste the API Key into the box. Use Control+V to quickly add it, then click on the Yes, Continue button.
- Now go back to the Zapier My Apps browser tab to confirm the connection is working. Click on the My Apps button to enter another app.
- Type sheets in the Search apps box, then click on the Connect button.
- A new window will pop up asking for access to your Google account. Click on the account you to use.
- Click on the Allow button to provide Zapier with access to your Google Drive files.
- Now go back to the Zapier My Apps browser tab to confirm the connection is working.
- Click on the Dashboard button.
- In the Connect this app... search box, type in cupix until you see CupixWorks appear.
- Move your mouse cursor over CupixWorks and click on it.
- In the with this one! search box, type in sheets, and then click on Google Sheets.
- In the When this happens...selection box, choose a trigger from the following:
- Create Annotation
- Create Comment
- Delete Annotation
- Delete Comment
- Update Annotation
- Update Comment
- Processing finalized Area
- Uploaded Area
- We will click on Create Annotation.
- In the then do this! selection box, type in create and click on Create Spreadsheet Row(s).
- Click on the Try it button.
- This screen shows you the upcoming steps. Click on the Get started button.
- We have already connected our Cupix account, so click on the Next button.
- We have already connected our Google account, so click on the Next button.
- Choose the Google Drive that contains the spreadsheet, then click on the Next button.
- Choose the name of the spreadsheet, then click on the Next button.
- Choose the worksheet, then click on the Next button.
- Now it's time to test our zap. Click on the Send test button.
- If everything works, you will receive a notification stating the success. Click the Next button to continue.
- To start using the zap, click on the Turn on zap button.
- Your zap is now turned on and ready for your annotation data. To make changes, click on the Manage your zap button.