With Cupix Connect, you can upload point cloud data captured with 3rd party systems.
Supported File Formats
These are the currently supported cloud point file formats:
- LAS (LASer File Format from American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing)
- LAZ (lossless LiDAR compressed LAS File Format)
- PLY (Polygon File Format or the Stanford Triangle Format)
- PTS (Leica Single Scan File Format)
- RCP (Autodesk ReCap Project File Format)*
- RCS (Autodesk ReCap Scan File Format)*
- XYZ (generic ASCII/ Binary point cloud File Format)
(* = Note that RCP and RCS are only supported by Connect for Windows. The Mac version does not support these file formats.)
Here is the process:
1. Click on Upload Point Cloud.
2. Select the settings for the Area:
A. Choose a Workspace.
B. Choose an existing Project.
C. Add to an existing Capture.
D. Choose a Level.
E. Name the Point Cloud.
F. Click on the Next button.
3. Select the File:
A. Click on the Select button.
B. Find your file, select it, then click the Open button.
C. Once you see the name of the file, click the Next button.
4. Before uploading the file, choose whether to compress the point cloud, or not. Once you are ready, click the Upload button.
5. You should see a screen pop up showing that your point cloud is being created. Once it is done, you will be returned to the home screen where a pop up will confirm it as complete. Click on Got it! to finish the process.