Connecting to the Ricoh Theta X
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1. Turn on the camera.
- 2. Turn off Client Mode.
- 3. Find the default camera WiFi SSID and password.
- 4. Connect the camera to your mobile iOS device.
- 5. Add the camera to the Cupix Capture App.
By registering your camera information with the Cupix Capture App, you can connect the camera to the app immediately for future captures.
This camera is capable of recording up to 20 minutes of video at a time with the Cupix Capture App.
Note: Videos taken with Ricoh Theta Z1 exceeding 7 minutes in length have much larger file sizes. Cupix Connect must be used to upload these videos.
Connect to the Capture App
To connect the Ricoh Theta Z1 to the Cupix Capture App:
1. Turn on the camera.
- The power lamp will turn blue, and the display panel will light up when on.Note: Make sure the camera battery is fully charged and there is enough storage available for recording the entire day.
Battery status and charge percentage are displayed in the upper right of the display panel.
2. Turn off Client Mode.
Client Mode is only needed when connecting to a local area network. When turned on, it doesn't allow the camera to connect to the mobile device. For these reasons, please turn it off:
- On the camera touchscreen swipe down to access Settings.
- Tap on Client Mode.
- Toggle slider Off.
- Tap the back arrow.
- Swipe up.
3. Find the default camera WiFi SSID and password.
On the bottom of the camera, the serial number is printed on the right side - this is used as the SSID and password.
4. Connect the camera to your mobile iOS device.
- On your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, access Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Select the Ricoh Theta X WiFi SSID and enter the password.
The WiFi symbol on the camera display panel will continue to be solid (not flashing) as long as the camera is connected.
- Confirm that the camera is connected.
5. Add the camera to the Cupix Capture App.
- Open the Cupix Capture App and navigate to Cameras.
- Next to Choose a 360° camera, tap on Add.
- Once the camera is registered, tap on Done to connect to the camera.
There are three ways to update the Ricoh Theta X firmware:* = Go into the camera's settings and turn Client Mode 'Off' once done. You cannot connect to the Capture App or mobile device when this is set to 'On'.