Create Voice Notes in Capture App Pro
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Documenting a site with 360° video is already fast with Cupix Capture App Pro. Now with voice notes, you can talk to dictate notes during your 360° video walk making site documentation even faster.
While recording video press and hold the microphone button to record a note. Each voice note will be uploaded to SiteView as an annotation and will be attached to the location where you started the voice note. In SiteView you can listen to the audio or read the transcript of the voice note, as well as add links, files, comment, or mark up the image.
Some key details to note:
- You need to allow Capture App Pro to use the mobile device's microphone.
- Each voice note requires:
- Minimum recording time of 1 second.
- Maximum recording time of 1 minute.
- You can record unlimited voice notes (to the storage limit of your mobile device).
- Each voice note is associated with a single image as soon as you press the button.
- Each voice note produces an MP4 file that is stored on your mobile device. This file is uploaded with the capture data during the Sync process in Capture App Pro.
- There are twelve supported languages for transcription.
How to Create Voice Notes
Here is how to create voice notes in Capture App Pro:
- Open the Capture App and turn on your camera.
- On the Capture screen, tap on the blue New Capture or Continue Capture button.
- Tap on the blue CAPTURE NEW AREA button.
- Tap on Video.
- If needed, tap to Join the camera's network.
- Find your physical location on the reference plan/map and tap on the blue Mark and Start Recording button.
- The first time you start recording there will be a popup message asking to allow the Capture App to access your microphone. Tap on OK.
- To record a Voice Note, press and hold the microphone icon for as long as you want to talk.
- Once you release the button you will see the total number of Voice Notes recorded in the red oval.
- Once you have completed your video walk, swipe the red stop button to the right.
- Place the middle of the crosshairs on the physical location you stopped on the reference plan/map, then tap on the blue Mark Final Position button.
Any Voice Notes you record are temporarily saved on your mobile device. They are uploaded with the capture data during the Upload/Sync process.
Once the captures containing voice notes have been completely processed (data synced, images uploaded, captures finalized), you can see them in your published SiteView.
Here is how to edit Voice Note annotations in SiteView.
Change the Language in Settings
Voice Notes supports transcription for twelve languages. Choose from the following:
To change the default language to another one:
- In the Capture App, tap on the Settings icon.
- Next to Voice Note Transcript, tap on the current language shown.
- Swipe down to your language, then tap on Done.
- Tap on the X in the upper right to return to the Capture screen.