Basic Cupix Concepts
TABLE OF CONTENTS
We have developed a basic course to help you become familiar with the core concepts of CupixWorks and capturing a site. Please let us know what you think of the content and how we can improve upon it.
Intro to CupixWorks
Watch the video for a quick intro to CupixWorks, the industry's most advanced 3D digital twin platform.
Capture -> Connect -> SiteView
Capture, connect, and view the job site with Cupix software:
- Capture App - Capture a site with a 360° camera and iOS mobile device.
- Connect App - Upload your 360° files with a computer.
- SiteView - Visualize and manage your 3D digital twin.
The Cupix Capture App is an iOS mobile application used with a 360° camera to capture site conditions.
- Capture any site with Video or Single Shot modes.
- Add annotations while on site.
- HDR mode available with select 360° camera models.
- Upload capture data and 360° files to CupixWorks for processing.
- Open the Capture App.
- Connect to the camera.
- Record your site with Video.
- Submit the capture.
The Cupix Connect App is a desktop application for uploading 360° files and reality capture data to your CupixWorks project.
- Upload formats:
- 360° photos and videos
- Point cloud or Mesh data
The basic process for capturing and uploading:
1. Use the mobile Capture App to capture a site.
2. ‘Submit’ to upload capture data from Capture App.
3. Use the Connect App to upload photos and videos.
- Make sure you have a good internet connection.
- Have the proper USB cable to connect your camera to the computer.
SiteView is the CupixWorks online viewer for virtual tours in 3D digital twins.
- Compare 360° panos with digital design files:
- Point Cloud
- 3D Mesh
- Share your project data securely with customizable permission levels
- Track changes over time with annotations, reporting, and timeline comparisons
- Search for Rooms
- Navigate by Capture Date, Level, or Reference Plan
You can download a PDF containing the essential lessons of this course below.