Capture Upload Process
Here is an overview of the latest options available for uploading 360° photos to the CupixWorks platform. Please let us know which of the new options is working best for you.
The short version:
Use the Capture App + Connect App option to upload 360° Photos to CupixWorks!
The long version:
We will show you the options available, the key differences between each, and suggestions for when to use each.
The previous Photo upload options:
- Upload Capture Data and Photos using Capture App only.
- Upload Capture Data using Capture App, then upload Photos using CupixWorks in web browser (Captures -> Upload for Process-Pending Captures).
The latest Photo upload options:
- Upload Capture Data using the Capture App, then upload Photos using the Connect App.
- Upload Capture Data and Photos using the Capture App only.
We HIGHLY recommend the latest option #1: Capture App + Connect App.
Why? Uploading 360° Photos can take minutes or hours due to large file sizes. You want to use the fastest, most reliable, high speed network possible when uploading your Photos to the CupixWorks web platform.
The Connect App is designed to quickly upload your Photos using a Windows or Mac computer while connected to a local network (WiFi or ethernet based).
When uploading Photos, there are some key differences between using the Connect App, and the Capture App.
The Connect App:
- Local network speed is typically much, much faster.
- Minimal chance of network interruptions that can stop the upload process.
- You can use your computer for other tasks during the upload process.
The Capture App:
- If at a site without local WiFi, network speed is limited by your mobile carrier’s 4G/ 5G coverage.
- Mobile WiFi signal drops, disconnections, interference, and network congestion can slow, or stop, the upload process.
- The Capture App screen has to stay open, and viewable, during the entire upload process; no multitasking.
Use the Connect App for the majority of 360° Photo uploads. Only use the Capture App when:
- Use of the Connect App is not possible.
- You are confident in your mobile device’s WiFi, and the amount of Photos is small enough for the upload to succeed.*
* = Some higher quality Photo files can be 8-10 MB each, so the more photos you take, the longer it takes to upload.
For example, if you captured a site with 400 higher quality Photos, you might have around 3-4 GB to upload. Depending on your WiFi, it might take 10-15 minutes, or longer, to upload. You would need to keep the Capture App open the entire time.