How to create Rooms in the Sketch Tool
Here is a tutorial on adding a Room to a Reference Plan:
1. We will start in the Level Editor by clicking on Sketch:
2. Click on Insert Rooms.
3. In the Reference Plan viewer, select an area to convert into a Room. In this example. we will choose the conference room. (Notice that we now have a number of options listed in the left menu under Layer 0, as well as under Info on the right.)
4. In order to see the Room a little easier, we will click on 3D View.
5. With the split view, we can see a 3D version on the left.
To view it at an flatter angle, we will hold left-click & drag up.
6. We can now make changes to the Room using the options under Info on the right.
For example, we will change the following:
- Name = Conference Room
- Fill Color = #FF5722
- Transparency = 0.3
- Font Size = 1.2
- Font Color = #9C27B0
We can also make changes to the Height and Width of the walls. Here are our changes:
- Level Height = 5.3 ft
- Default Wall Width = 1 ft
7. We will save our changes by clicking on the Save button in the upper right.
Now you try it!