FAQ: Cluster Shot Capture Issues
Here are some solutions to Cluster Shot issues in the Capture App:
- Pano image capture locations are too few and/ or too far apart
Question #1: What are the spacing rules for capturing with Cluster Shot?
- Answer: The general rules for capturing with Cluster Shot:
- Line of sight is REQUIRED for panos to connect properly.
- Take more panos when close to walls (we recommended a minimum 3 ft. away), and objects like forklifts, shelving, tables and chairs, construction materials, etc.
- Take three panos when passing through a doorway:
- One at two feet before the doorway
- One inside the door jam
- And one at two feet after the doorway
- Take more panos (every 4 feet or so) inside a smaller space like a hallway, small office, rest room, closet, hotel room.
- Take less panos (every 8 feet or so) when in a wide open indoor space like a warehouse, lobby or waiting area, gymnasium.
- Take less panos (every 10 feet or so) when capturing outdoor areas like building exteriors, open air areas.
- Take HDR panos in low light areas or in extreme conditions like in a room with no lighting and very bright windows.