How to use SiteView Widget Windows
Introduced in the June 2021 CupixWorks release, SiteView now allows you to further customize your 3D tours. With the introduction of flexible preset and customizable Layouts using Widget Windows, also called Widgets, the options for viewing 3D tours are almost unlimited.
The previous interface was limited to seven preset Layouts:
Now, you can choose from different preset Layouts, or customize the layout to fit your unique needs. You can add new Widgets, remove them all (except for the Main Capture Viewer), move them around, and open some of them in new windows. Here are a few examples of the more flexible interface:
(The above image shows the default layout, also called the Annotations Layout.)
(The above image shows the All Widgets Layout.)
Top Menu Option Icons
Some of the top Toolbar menu options have changed, along with new options for Widgets. Here is what has changed:
- The "Settings" icon has been moved to the far left side:
- The "Side-by-Side Comparison Layout" icon is replaced by "Add or close widgets" and "Add a new widget" icons: and
- The "Add Markup" icon is new:
- The "Generate Timeline Report" icon is new:
- There is an icon for "Sync view changes among 3D widgets" at the top right, instead of in between screens:
Types of Preset Layouts
There are now six types of Preset Layouts to choose from:
- The Capture View Layout shows the Main Capture Viewer and Map Viewer Widgets.
- The Timeline Compare Layout shows the Main Capture Viewer, a second Capture Viewer and Map Viewer Widgets.
- The BIM Compare Layout shows the Main Capture Viewer, BIM Viewer and Map Viewer Widgets.
- The Annotations Layout shows the Main Capture Viewer, Annotations Viewer and Map Viewer Widgets.
- The Rooms Layout shows the Main Capture Viewer, Rooms Viewer and Map Viewer Widgets.
- The All Widgets Layout shows six Widgets at once.
Types of Widget Windows
There are now six types of Widget Windows to choose from:
- Main Capture Viewer (this viewer window cannot be closed or removed)
- Capture Viewer
- Map Viewer
- BIM Viewer
Under Manage Widgets, there is also a list of currently open Widget Windows. Here, you can either bring a Widget to the front of others, or else close it.
Widget Window Controls
Depending on the Widget Window in use, there are up to six Control options available for moving, sizing and closing actions. These Control options appear at the top of a Widget Window when you hover over it with the mouse. Here are the options:
- Maximize a Widget to fill the view or Restore it back to its original size.
- Keep Front pins, or unpins, a Widget in front of others.
- Undock opens a new browser window with a single Widget, while Dock returns it back to the group.
- Close a Widget if not needed.
- Move a Widget appears when you hover over its menu bar. Left-click the (4 way arrow) icon to drag it around the view screen.
- Resize a Widget appears when you hover over one of its corners. Left-click the (2 way arrow) icon to resize the Widget horizontally and/ or vertically.
The new Widget Window system has been designed for maximum flexibility and ease of use. We welcome feedback concerning how well it works for you.