Import BIM File from BIM 360
TABLE OF CONTENTS
In SiteView, users can compare digital twins with BIM and overlay 3D BIM objects onto panos. Teams are able to better manage projects, follow plans more accurately, and reduce rework. Import your BIM files into CupixWorks to enable viewing BIM models and overlaying 3D objects on panos.
Accepted File Types
CupixWorks supports the following BIM file types:
- Industry Foundation Classes (.ifc)
- Navisworks (.nwc, .nwd)
- Revit (.rvt)
- SketchUp (.skp)
Import from BIM 360
You can add as many BIM files as you need to a project. To import BIM from a BIM 360 project:
- In the Project Center, click on BIM.
- Click on Import from BIM 360 to add a BIM directly from BIM 360.
- Select the BIM file version required and click on Import.
- Note: your CSM will align the X-Y-Z coordinates once the file is done processing in CupixWorks.
Once it is finished being set up, it is ready to be used with your site captures. The final step is to publish any BIM files you want available in SiteView.