Connecting to the Ricoh Theta Z1
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Connect to the Capture App
- Troubleshooting Guide
By registering your camera information with the Cupix Capture App, you can connect the camera to the app immediately for future captures.
This camera is capable of recording up to 20 minutes of video at a time with the Cupix Capture App.
Note: Videos taken with Ricoh Theta Z1 exceeding 7 minutes in length have much larger file sizes. Cupix Connect must be used to upload these videos.
Connect to the Capture App
To connect the Ricoh Theta Z1 to the Cupix Capture App:
1. Turn on the camera.
- Hold down the power button for 2 seconds to turn the camera on.
- The power lamp will turn blue, and the display panel will light up when on.Note: Make sure the camera battery is fully charged and there is enough storage available for recording the entire day.
Battery status and charge percentage are displayed in the upper right of the display panel.
2. Turn on the camera WiFi.
- Press the WiFi button below the power button.
- You will see the flashing WiFi symbol appear on the left side of the display panel.
3. Find the default camera WiFi SSID and password.
On the bottom of the camera, the serial number is printed on the right side - this is used as the SSID and password.
- The password is the number indicated by (A).
In this example, the password is "00001017".
- The SSID is "Theta + serial number indicated by (B) + .OSC".
In this example, the SSID is "THETAYL00001017.OSC".
4. Connect the camera to your mobile iOS device.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, access Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Select the Ricoh Theta Z1 WiFi SSID and enter the password.
The WiFi symbol on the camera display panel will continue to be solid (not flashing) as long as the camera is connected.
- Confirm that the camera is connected.
5. Add the camera to the Cupix Capture App.
- Open the Cupix Capture App and navigate to Cameras.
- Next to Choose a 360° camera, tap on Add.
- Once the camera is registered, tap on Done to connect to the camera.
There are two ways to update the Ricoh Theta Z1 firmware:
The Ricoh cameras are now considered legacy products. For support documentation, please see the PDF below.