Connecting to the Mi Sphere and MADV Madventure 360
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Connect to the Capture App
By registering your camera information with the Cupix Capture App, you can connect the camera to the app immediately for future captures.
This camera is capable of recording up to 7 minutes of video at a time with the Cupix Capture App.
IMPORTANT!!! As of early 2022, Cupix HIGHLY suggests replacing this type of camera with the Insta360 X2 camera. This mode allows you to take advantage of new technical breakthroughs, such as 20-minute video capture and video with on-site tracking. Contact your Cupix account rep for details on our trade-in program.
Connect to the Capture App
To connect the Mi Sphere/ MADV to the Cupix Capture App:
Turn on the camera.
- Hold down the power button until the camera turns on.
- Both light indicators for camera and video will flash on initially.Note: Make sure the camera battery is fully charged and there is enough storage available for recording the entire day.
If the battery level is low, the battery indicator light will turn on. When the battery is almost empty, this indicator will turn red.
Turn on the camera WiFi.
- Press the WiFi button at the top of the camera.
- Make sure the WiFi indicator light flashes on and off.
Find the default camera WiFi SSID.
- The MADV WiFi SSID begins with 'QJXJ-' followed by six digits, which are the final six values on the right side of the bottom of the camera. (Ignore the beginning 00 in the sequence.)
- The Mi Sphere WiFi SSID begins with 'MJXJ-' followed by six digits, which are the final six values on the right side of the bottom of the camera. (Ignore the beginning 00 in the sequence.)
Connect the camera to your mobile iOS device.
- On your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, access Settings >Wi-Fi.
- Select the MADV WiFi SSID and enter the password.
The default WiFi password is 12345678.
- Confirm that the camera is connected.
Add the camera to the Cupix Capture App.
- Open the Cupix Capture App and navigate to Cameras.
- Next to Choose a 360° camera, tap on Add.
- Once the camera is registered, tap on Done to connect to the camera.
Here are instructions on updating firmware for the Mi Sphere and MADV Madventure.