Capture Mode: Video
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Video mode allows the user to create captures by recording 360° videos while walking through a job site.
Once a video capture is uploaded, CupixWorks will select frames from the video to use as 360° panos in a SiteView.
Cupix recommends Video Mode as the standard way to capture a job site.
Note: You can record up to 60 minutes of video at a time, depending on the camera you use. See this article for the cameras we support.
Record Better 360° Videos
Before creating a capture in Video Mode, make sure you are familiar with best practices for recording 360° videos. We strongly recommend practicing each capture method with the hardware setup you plan to use before going onsite.
Also, check out this article on best practices for 360° videos for details on capturing the best quality 360° videos.
Capture with Video
To capture a site with Video Mode:
- Tap the Capture icon at the bottom.
- Tap on Add New. If you have already created one today, tap on your existing capture.
- Confirm the level you are capturing. You can tap on Change Level to pick a different one.
- Tap on Capture New Area.
- Tap on Video.
- Move the reference plan until the crosshairs are at the location of the camera, and tap Mark and Start Recording.
- Some things to remember while you capture:
- Walk & turn slowly.
- For high fidelity (HiFi) panos, stop for 3 seconds, then continue walking.
- Avoid quick head movements when using the Helmet Mount.
- Keep the Selfie-stick & camera directly above your head at least 6 inches when walking.
- To end the video capture, press the orange Stop icon in the center of the screen.(Note: Once the video has reached the maximum recording duration, the Capture App will automatically end the video capture and you will be notified with a camera beep.)
- Move the reference plan until the crosshairs are at the final location of the camera, then tap Mark Final Position.
- To save the current video capture and return to the capture menu, select Save and Quit.
- To save the current video capture and start a new video capture from the final position of the current video capture, select Capture Another Area > From Previous End Position.
- To save the current video capture and start a new video capture from a new location, select Capture Another Area > New Start Position.
- To delete the current video capture, select Discard and Quit.