Capture Mode: Cluster Shot
Cluster Shot mode allows the user to capture a cluster of photos in an area.
Once uploaded, CupixWorks automatically aligns and maps the photos to the reference plan based on the initial position and capture direction you select.
We recommend this mode if you need to create high quality captures of your jobsite that can support measurements in SiteView.
Cluster Shot Requirements
Before creating a capture in Cluster Shot Mode, you must be certified by taking the Cluster Shot Basic Course available for free HERE. Let your CSM know once you have completed it so they can activate the mode as an option for you.
After you have taken the course, make sure you understand how to space your photos and are familiar with best practices for taking 360° photos. We strongly recommend practicing this capture method with the hardware setup you plan to use before going onsite.
360° Camera on Helmet
360° Camera on Monopod or Selfie Stick
Creating Captures with Cluster Shot
To use cluster shot mode:
- Tap on Capture icon at the bottom.
- Tap on Get Template to make sure you are using the latest Reference Plans for your Project.
- Tap on Add New. If you have already created one today, tap on your existing capture.
- Confirm the level you are capturing. You can tap on Change Level to pick a different one.
- Tap on Capture New Area.
- Tap on Cluster Shot. (The option only appears if you have been certified and activated in CupixWorks.)
- Move the reference plan until the crosshairs are at the location of the camera and tap Mark and Shoot to take the first photo.
- Indicate the starting direction by tapping the corresponding arrow on the reference plan.
- Tap Shoot to take the second photo.
- Continue taking photos by tapping Shoot.
Once you are finished, drag up the shooting menu and tap End.