Prepare the Site for Capture
When you arrive at a site, there are several things you can do to improve the speed and quality of your capture before taking photos and videos.
- Turn on as many lights as possible in the area you are capturing.
- Assess the actual layout of the capture site and determine how similar it is to the reference plan.
- Plan a walking path for the areas that are being captured.
- Use door stops to prop open all doors to rooms, halls, and spaces being captured.
- If you can, move anything that obstructs your walking path.
- Try to capture during a time when the least number of people are walking or moving around.
- For electrical rooms, open any circuit breaker panels that you want to display in a SiteView.
- Confirm the camera's lens cap is off and clean the lens.
- Take a couple of practice captures to verify that your equipment is working correctly.
- Take reference measurement(s) if you plan on measuring in SiteView.