Capture App Settings
The Capture App settings allow you to add and update camera information, workspace, units, and camera height.
You can also turn on advanced options from settings, which allow increase the number and duration of 360° photos and 360° videos you can take per capture.
Tap Settings in the upper right corner of the app.
Workspaces contain listings of projects based on a specific location. By selecting a workspace, you can download project templates to organize your captures, view reference plans, and upload 360° photos and videos.
To select your workspace:
- Tap on Settings in the upper right corner.
- Tap on Workspace to display the one(s) you have access to.
- Tap the name of the workspace that has the project you are creating a capture for.
- The chosen workspace will be displayed under Current Workspace.
- Tap Close to return to the Settings menu.
Unit of Measure
You can choose to display either Imperial (ft/ feet) or Metric (m/ meters) as the unit of measure.
360° Camera Height
The 360° camera height is used to help auto-position each photo’s height once a capture is uploaded to CupixWorks.
Set the camera height as the approximate distance from the ground to the camera lens.
The current version of the Cupix Capture App is displayed next to App Version.
When submitting feedback and bug reports, let us know which version of the Capture App you are using.
Data saved by the Capture App to your iOS device can be removed once it is no longer needed.
You have two data deletion options:
- Delete 360° Photos Only
Permanently removes all 360° photos and 360° videos downloaded on your iOS device by the Cupix Capture App.
- Delete 360° Photos and App Data
Permanently removes all 360° photos and 360° videos downloaded on your iOS device by the Cupix Capture App as well as the following Capture App data:
- Project Template information downloaded to the current iOS device including project name, address, levels, reference plans.
- Annotations and photos taken by the current iOS device.
- User preferences including all 360° camera connection information, unit of measure, and camera height.
Note: Make sure all capture data, 360° photos, and 360° videos that need to be uploaded from the Capture App have been submitted to CupixWorks prior to clearing data.
To check capture submission status, tap Submit at the bottom right of the app. Verify all needed captures are completed.
For a refresher on how to set up the Capture App prior to capture, use View Tutorial.
View Tutorial will show the intro that you first saw when you downloaded and opened the Capture App the first time.
Advanced mode offers additional options for capture:
- 360° Camera Simulator - Enabling 360° Camera Simulator allows you to test Capture App functionalities without a 360° camera.
- Export Capture Data - Use this to download capture data and send it to Cupix for troubleshooting issues.
Report any issues you come across.
At the bottom of the settings menu is the Sign Out button. Sign out of the app to:
- Sign into a different team.
- Allow a different Cupix user to use the app.