Permissions and Sharing
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Sharing a SiteView
- Publicly Accessible Links
SiteView allows users to view and share captures, compare captures from different dates or BIM side by side, make measurements, and communicate with other collaborators through annotations.
To start sharing, click on the Share button at the top right menu:
Sharing a SiteView
There are two ways to share a SiteView with other people:
- Get Shareable Deep Link - generate and share a link directly to the SiteView.
- Share with Others - control access and invite a new or existing team member to the SiteView.
Differences in access with each option:
|Choose user permission level in SiteView||Share SiteView link||Enable/ disable public access in Project Center settings|
|Get Shareable Deep Link||✔||✔|
|Share with Others||✔||✔||✔|
Get Shareable Deep Link
1. Click on the Share button -> Get Shareable Deep Link.
2. A short link is automatically generated for your SiteView exactly as it exists right now. Copy the link to your clipboard by clicking the Copy Link button.
3. Use the link to share your SiteView with people who do not have a Cupix account. In order to view it, they will be prompted to create a new account with Cupix. You can then monitor and update their access to this SiteView.
(Note: If the SiteView has been set up as publicly accessible, anyone with the link will be able to view it. See below for details on activating/ deactivating this feature.)
Share with Others
You can directly invite a person or group of people using their Cupix account emails.
In the field below, you can enter a person’s Cupix account email address or type the name of a group of Cupix users to share your SiteView with. A list of users and/or groups can be added in this manner.
Once all users are selected, you can immediately set their access permissions from one of four options:
- Can view only - user can only view the SiteView
- Can create and view all - the user can view the SiteView and create annotations
- Can create and edit all - the user can view the SiteView, and create and edit annotations
- Full - Can create, edit all, and share - the user can view the SiteView, create and edit annotations, and share the SiteView with others.
You can also choose to add a message that will be sent to the people you are sharing your SiteView with in this manner.
Update User Permission
The bottom of the window lists all users that have access to this SiteView, as well as their current permissions settings.
To modify a user’s access and permissions to a SiteView:
- Click the drop-down menu to the right of their name.
- Select the new level of access.
Remove User Access from SiteView
To remove a user’s access to this SiteView, click on the X to the right of their permissions level. The user will be deleted from the list and will no longer have access to the SiteView.
Publicly Accessible Links
If the SiteView is publicly accessible, a warning will appear at the bottom of the Share with Others and Get Shareable Deep Link option screens:
To change a SiteView to or from publicly accessible, you must configure it in CupixWorks. Here is how:
1. Go to Project Center -> SiteViews.
2. Click on the SiteView to configure.
3. Click on Info about the selected item icon at the top right.
4. Click on Configure.
5. Click on the slider to change back and forth between publicly accessible or not. By default, SiteViews are not publicly accessible.
6. For this example, we will choose to make it publicly accessible. When we do this, we can see that there is a SiteView link available to share now. You can click on the Copy Link and Save buttons, or just click on Save to complete the configuration change.