Annotations are created by filling out Form Templates to document issues at the jobsite and communicate with other team members. While this article discusses adding annotations from SiteView, they can also be added from the Capture App during or after a capture.
Annotations are organized within annotation groups, which are folders that contain annotations, forms, and markups related to the same issue. To add annotations, make sure there is an annotation group available. Annotation groups will be listed in the Annotations menu on the left of the SiteView window.
Add Annotation Group
If there is no annotation group, or you would like to create a new one:
- Click Add Group.
- Give the annotation group a name and click Done.Note: Due to changing site conditions, an annotation group is not displayed or accessible from captures taken on other dates or levels within the SiteView.
To add an annotation to a group:
- Click the group name.
- Click the Add Annotation icon > Annotation, and click the form template you'd like to use from the drop down menu.
- Type the name of the new annotation and click Next.
- Fill out the fields in the form, making sure all required fields that are marked with a red asterisk are completed, then click Save.
The finished form and fields will be displayed in the Annotations menu on the left.
- Click the X next to the annotations search bar at the top or click Close at the bottom to close the annotation and return to the Annotations menu.
How Annotations are Displayed
Annotation information, including form fields and attachments, will be displayed in the left hand Annotations menu.
In the 3D digital twin, your annotation will be displayed as a blue pin with a form icon at the top. The annotation pin will be viewable and accessible from the 360° photos surrounding the location the annotation was created at. Annotations are also displayed on the reference plan as a blue form icon at their location of creation.