Import Rooms from BIM Files
Sometimes BIM files contain rooms defined by name and 3D space. When these rooms are imported from a published BIM model to a CupixWorks project, users in the SiteView can search for those rooms and view them within the as-built digital twins or in 3D mode on the reference plans. Extracting and adding rooms to a SiteView provides another way to help SiteView users navigate and contextualize the corresponding as-built 3D digital twins.
To add rooms to a SiteView, you must first extract rooms from an available BIM. If you need to add a BIM file, follow our article on how to upload and set up a BIM file.
To extract the rooms from a BIM:
- Open the project that contains the SiteView you want to add rooms to.
- From the Project Center, click BIM under Template.
- Double click the name of the BIM that contains the rooms you want to use.
- In the BIM Setup menu, click the Models tab, then select the phase with the room definitions you want to use.
- Click the Rooms tab, then Extract from Loaded Model.
- Select the rooms that you want to import. If nothing is selected, all rooms will be imported.
- Scroll to the bottom of the room list, then click Import.
- Once you are finished, make sure to publish the BIM to SiteView for the rooms to be available to SiteView users.