Navigating the BIM Editor
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 3D - Lists all available 3D models.
- Sheets - Lists all available sheets with the option to publish some, or all, of the sheets in SiteView.
- Levels - Lists all available levels with the option to use some, or all, of the levels in the project.
- Rooms - Lists all available rooms with the option to publish some, or all, of the rooms in SiteView.
- Objects - Option to add a Reference Plane to the BIM.
If not already on, click on the Info about the selected item icon .
- Origin - Align the BIM to coordinate systems, whether internal or geographic survey points.
- Info - shows various information about the BIM, depending on which left side option you are in.
Navigate the BIM Model
The BIM Editor offers many navigation options, depending on the complexities of the model:
- Orbit - rotate the model around a single point.
- Pan - move the entire model around the screen.
- Zoom - left click and drag, or use the mouse scroll wheel, to zoom in and out of the model.
- First Person - a message pops up illustrating the way to navigate in first person using the keyboard and mouse.
- Camera Interactions- Choose from:
- Fit To View - shrinks the view of the model to fit on the screen.
- Focal Length - change the view diameter in mm.
- Roll - click and drag to roll the model back and forth.
- Measure - take different types of measurements in the model.
- Section Analysis - cross-cut the model on the X, Y or Z planes.
- Document Browser - view documents and images associated with the model.
- Levels - view and isolate specific levels.
- Explode Model - use the slider to expand or contract the individual objects in the model.
- Model Browser - show/hide specific objects or groups.
- Layer Manager - show/hide specific layers.
- Properties - view the properties of the model.
- Settings - change the settings for the viewer.
- Full Screen - switch back and forth to a full screen view of the model.
Final Note: Remember to click on the Save button at the top right to retain any changes you make.