Getting Started Step 2: Field Capture
Sign in to Cupix Capture App
- Download the Cupix Capture App from the App Store on your compatible iOS device.
- Launch the Cupix Capture App.
- Enter your Team URL and click the Next button.
- Enter your Email and Password and click the Next button.
Verify Capture Settings
Before starting your capture, we recommend checking your default settings. Settings can be accessed by tapping the Settings icon in the upper right of the interface.
- Verify your current Workspace.
- Under the Preferences section, verify your current 360° Camera and 360° Camera Height.
Set up Capture
Once you have selected your basic settings, download the project template to organize 360° photos and videos on the fly.
The Capture Menu screen can be accessed by clicking the Capture button along the bottom of the interface.
To set up the capture:
- Tap on the name of the project you are creating captures for.
- Download the project template by tapping Download Template.
- Tap on New Capture.
- If needed, select the level you will capture by tapping Change Level and selecting the level name from the list.
- Tap < Capture to return to the Capture screen.
Make sure to change the capture Level prior to taking 360° photos and 360° videos on a different floor.
After downloading your project template and selecting a level, you can begin your capture. Starting from the Capture Home screen:
- Tap the Capture New Area button and select from one of the following shooting methods:
- Follow the instructions in the corresponding article above to complete your capture.
- Once you are finished, save the capture area by tapping End -> Go Back To Capture Home to return to the Capture Home screen.
Repeat the above steps to continue taking 360° photos and 360° videos of each area until you have finished capturing all areas. You can use different capture modes to capture the same floor, however, remember to change the capture Level when moving to a different floor.
Submit Capture to the Cloud
Once you are finished creating your captures, you can submit all 360° photos, videos, and capture data to the cloud directly from the Capture App if you are connected to the internet. The submission menu can be accessed by clicking the Submit button along the bottom of the interface.
- To edit the capture name, tap on the capture with the date you need, tap Rename at the top and tap OK once done.
- Tap the Submit button above the list of captures.
- Select either Skip or Transfer. Choose Skip to download metadata only or Transfer to download metadata and imagery together. (A notice might appear asking if you want to join the camera's Wi-Fi network. Tap Join.)
- Once upload is completed, tap Next.
- Choose whether or not you want to automatically publish your capture to SiteView.
- Tap Submit to upload the metadata and/ or imagery from the Capture App to the CupixWorks Web App. (A notice might appear stating you are not connected to the internet. Change your Wi-Fi network in the device's settings and return to the screen to complete the upload process.)
You will now see the upload in process in the Submitting tab. Once the upload is complete, you will be able to see a list of submitted captures under the Submitted tab.