Capture App Basic Process
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Sign in to the Cupix Capture App
- Verify Capture Settings
- Set up Capture
- Start Capture
- Submit Capture to the Cloud
Sign in to the Cupix Capture App
- Download the Cupix Capture App from the App Store on your compatible iOS device.
- Launch the Cupix Capture App.
- Enter your Team URL and click the Next button.
- Enter your Email and Password and click the Next button.
Verify Capture Settings
Before starting your capture, we recommend checking your default settings. Settings can be accessed by tapping the Settings icon in the upper right of the interface.
- Verify your current Workspace.
- Verify your current 360° Camera Height.
Set up Capture
Once you have selected your basic settings, download the project template to organize 360° photos and videos on the fly.
The Capture Menu screen can be accessed by clicking the Capture button along the bottom of the interface.
To set up the capture:
- Tap on the name of the project you are creating captures for.
- Download the project template by tapping Get Template.
- Tap on Add New.
- If needed, select the level you will capture by tapping Change Level and selecting the level name from the list.
- Tap < Capture to return to the Capture screen.
Make sure to change the capture Level prior to taking 360° photos and 360° videos on a different floor.
After downloading your project template and selecting a level, you can begin your capture. Starting from the Capture Home screen:
- Tap the Capture New Area button and select from one of the following shooting methods:
- Follow the instructions in the corresponding article above to complete your capture.
- Once you are finished, save the capture area by tapping End -> Save and Quit to return to the Capture Home screen.
Repeat the above steps to continue taking 360° photos and 360° videos of each area until you have finished capturing all areas. You can use different capture modes to capture the same floor, however, remember to change the capture Level when moving to a different floor.
Submit Capture to the Cloud
As of fall 2021, there will be two ways to submit your Captures:
- Using the Connect App with a computer. We HIGHLY recommend using this method over the Capture App.
- Using the Capture App (only used when you have no ability to upload with the Connect App).
Here is the updated process:
- Open the Settings for your iOS device and change the WiFi network from the camera to your local one.
- In the Capture App -> Capture screen, under your Project, tap the Submit button above the list of captures.
- Once the Capture Data is validated, tap on Start.
- Once the Capture Data is uploaded, decide on the which method you will use:
- Tap on Return to Home, then use the Connect App to upload the 360° photos.
- Tap on Continue in Mobile to complete the upload process using the Capture App.
- After tapping on Continue in Mobile, tap on Transfer.
- Tap on Join to use the Camera's WiFi to upload the photos.
- Once the photos are 100% completely uploaded, tap on Next.
- Tap on Connect to switch to your local WiFi network.
- Tap on Upload.
- Once all uploads are done, tap on Okay to finish. You will be returned to the Capture screen.