Using PlanGrid Integration with SiteView
After linking corresponding PlanGrid and CupixWorks projects, you can:
- Create new PlanGrid RFIs or tasks and attach markups from SiteView
- Look up RFIs and tasks in PlanGrid and navigate to the exact SiteView location where they were created
Create PlanGrid Task from SiteView
To create a new PlanGrid task from SiteView:
- From the annotations menu on the left, click the name of the annotation group you would like to add the PlanGrid task to > Add Annotation Icon > PlanGrid > Task.Note: You must have an annotation group to create PlanGrid tasks. If there are no appropriate annotation groups in SiteView, you can add a new annotation group.
- In the New PlanGrid Task window, enter the Title of the task and fill out all necessary fields.
- Click Next to automatically create the task in PlanGrid and SiteView.
Create PlanGrid RFI from SiteView
To create a new PlanGrid RFI from SiteView:
- From the annotations menu on the left, click the name of the annotation group you would like to add the PlanGrid RFI to > Add Annotation Icon > PlanGrid > RFI.Note: You must have an annotation group to create PlanGrid RFIs. If there are no appropriate annotation groups in SiteView, you can add a new annotation group.
- In the New PlanGrid RFI window, enter the Title of the RFI and fill out all necessary fields.
- Click Next to create the RFI in PlanGrid and SiteView.
Access SiteView from PlanGrid Task or RFI
Once a PlanGrid task or RFI is created from within SiteView, you can access the exact date and location of the SiteView where the annotation was generated to see the associated spatial context. You can do so by accessing SiteView from that specific PlanGrid task or RFI:
- Within PlanGrid, navigate to and open the PlanGrid task or RFI of interest.
- Open the SiteView deep link within the task or RFI.
- For RFIs, this deep link will be located in the Question field by default.
- For tasks, this deep link will be located in the Description field by default.
By following the deep link, the SiteView will open and initialize with the capture window and reference plan displaying the pano where the PlanGrid task or RFI was created.
Set a New Default View in SiteView for PlanGrid Task or RFI
When a PlanGrid task or RFI is created starting in SiteView, a SiteView deep link is automatically generated and added to the Description or Question fields in PlanGrid tasks or RFIs, respectively. Opening the deep link URL initializes with the exact view (including location, viewer direction, and FOV) displayed on the screen of the creator of the task or RFI when they generated the annotation in SiteView. This default view when users access the SiteView from PlanGrid can be changed if a better initial view is found.
To set a new default view that is displayed when users click on a SiteView deep link in PlanGrid:
- From the annotations menu on the left, click the name of the annotation group, then the name of the PlanGrid task or RFI you would like to change the default view for.
- While the annotation is selected in SiteView, navigate to the pano where you would like for the deep link in PlanGrid to open up at.
- Click and drag in the pano viewer and zoom in on the exact view you want users coming from PlanGrid to see when they access SiteView from the PlanGrid task or RFI.
- From the left menu, click Save View to set the new default view.
The deep link will automatically be updated within PlanGrid. If the default view has been moved to a different pano, the PlanGrid task or RFI will also be pinned to its new location.
Add Markups from SiteView
Markups are screenshots of the digital twin that have been annotated using built-in drawing tools such as text, arrows, and shapes. Markups are a great way to clarify tasks and RFIs in SiteView. Within SiteView, you can attach markups to a PlanGrid task or RFI that are viewable within SiteView and PlanGrid.
To add markups to a PlanGrid task or RFI from SiteView:
- From the annotations menu on the left, open the PlanGrid annotation you are interested in, and click More > Attach > Markup.
- Enter the name of the markup, then click Done.
- SiteView automatically screenshots the view in the capture display window and provides a palette of tools you can use to mark up the image.
- Once you are finished, click Done in the upper right, and the markup will automatically be added to the task or RFI in SiteView and PlanGrid.
Open Task or RFI in PlanGrid from SiteView
Just like how you can access SiteView from a PlanGrid task or RFI, you can select a PlanGrid annotation in SiteView and open it within PlanGrid.
To open a PlanGrid task or RFI in PlanGrid from SiteView:
- From the annotations menu on the left, click on the PlanGrid annotation you are interested in, and click Open in PlanGrid.
PlanGrid will open in a new tab, and you can select the task or RFI from the listwith the issue displayed.