Using BIM 360 Integration with SiteView
After linking corresponding BIM 360 and CupixWorks projects, you can:
- Create new BIM 360 issues and attach markups from SiteView
- Look up issues in Autodesk BIM 360 and navigate to the exact SiteView location and issue
- Import and set up BIM in CupixWorks, publish them to SiteView and compare as-built digital twins against as-designed BIM 360 models
Create BIM 360 Issue from SiteView
To create a new BIM 360 issue from SiteView:
- From the annotations menu on the left, click the name of the annotation group you would like to add the BIM 360 issue to > Add Annotation Icon > BIM 360 > Issue.Note: You must have an annotation group to create BIM 360 issues. If there are no appropriate annotation groups in SiteView, you can add a new annotation group.
- In the New BIM 360 Issue window, enter the Title of the issue and set its Type and Sub-Type from their drop down menus.
- Click Next to create the issue in BIM 360.
BIM 360 will automatically open in a new tab to display the issue you created in SiteView, and you can continue filling out issue details.
Access SiteView from BIM 360 Issue
Once a BIM 360 issue is created from within SiteView, you can access the exact date and location of the SiteView where the issue was generated to see the associated spatial context. You can do so by accessing SiteView from that specific BIM 360 issue:
- Within Autodesk BIM 360, navigate to and open the BIM 360 issue of interest.
- In the description field, click the deep link to open up SiteView in a new window and see the space that matches the BIM 360 issue.Note:This link is automatically generated with coordinates leading to the exact SiteView geolocation and view direction where the BIM 360 issue was created.
Add Markups from SiteView
Markups are screenshots of the digital twin that have been annotated using built-in drawing tools such as text, arrows, and shapes. Markups are a great way to clarify issues and annotations in SiteView. You can add markups from SiteView that are attached to a BIM 360 issue. These markups are also viewable from within Autodesk BIM 360.
To add markups to a BIM 360 issue from SiteView:
- From the annotations menu on the left, open the BIM 360 annotation you are interested in, and click More > Attach > Markup.
- Enter the name of the markup, then click Next.
- SiteView automatically screenshots the view in the digital twin display window, and provides a palette of tools you can use to mark up the image.
- Once you are finished, click Save in the upper right, and the markup will automatically be added to the issue in SiteView and BIM 360.
Open Issue in BIM 360 from SiteView
Just like how you can access SiteView from a BIM 360 issue, you can open a BIM 360 issue in Autodesk BIM 360 from SiteView.
To open an issue in BIM 360 from SiteView:
- From the annotations menu on the left, open the BIM 360 annotation you are interested in, and click Open in BIM 360.
BIM 360 will open in a new tab with the issue displayed.