Jobsite Preparation for Capture
Setting up a jobsite for capture is just as important in creating the final digital twin as the equipment you bring.
For more information on recommended equipment, refer to the Basic Hardware Checklist.
Prepare the Jobsite
When you arrive at a jobsite, there are several things you can do to improve the speed and quality of your capture before taking photos and videos.
- Turn on as many lights as possible in the area you are capturing.
- Assess the actual layout of the capture site and determine how similar it is to the reference plan.
- Prop open all doors to rooms, halls, and spaces that you want to capture.
- If you can, move anything that obstructs your walking path.
- Try to capture during a time when the least number of people are walking or moving around.
- For electrical rooms, open any circuit breaker panels that you want to display in your tour.
- Take a couple of captures to verify that your equipment is working correctly.
- Make your reference measurement(s).