Capture Mode: Video
Video mode allows the user to create captures by recording 360° videos while walking through a job site.
Once a video capture is uploaded, CupixWorks will select frames from the video to use as 360° images to create the digital twin.
We recommend this mode if you want to make a capture while walking slowly and steadily through the job site.
Check out our article on best practices for 360° videos for tips and information on how to capture the best quality 360° video for creating digital twins.
Record Better 360° Videos
Before creating a capture in Video Mode, make sure you are familiar with best practices for recording 360° videos. We always strongly recommend practicing each capture method with the hardware setup you plan to use before going onsite.
360° Camera on Helmet
360° Camera on Monopod or Selfie Stick
Video Capture Don'ts
In addition to knowing how to record a 360° video with clear images, it is also helpful to understand what can cause poor quality video captures.
Creating Captures with Video
To use Video mode:
- Go to the capture menu by tapping the Capture icon in the bottom left.
- From the capture menu, tap Capture New Area > Video.
- Move the reference plan until the crosshairs are at the location of the camera and tap Mark and Start Recording to begin recording.
- While recording, walk slowly and minimize head movement and bobbing to avoid blurry images.
- To end the video capture, press the Stop icon in the center of the screen.Note: Once the video has reached the maximum recording duration, the Capture App will automatically end the video capture and you will be notified with a camera beep.
- Move the reference plan until the crosshairs are at the final location of the camera, then tap Mark Final Position and End.
- To save the current video capture and return to the capture menu, select Save and Quit.
- To save the current video capture and start a new video capture from the final position of the current video capture, select Capture Another Area > From Previous End Position.
- To save the current video capture and start a new video capture from a new location, select Capture Another Area > New Start Position.
- To delete the current video capture, select Discard and Quit.