Connecting to the Ricoh Theta V
By registering your camera information with the Cupix Capture App, you can connect the camera to the app immediately for future captures.
Connect to the Capture App
To connect the Ricoh Theta V to the Cupix Capture App:
Turn on the camera.
- Hold down the power button until the camera turns on.
- The power lamp will turn blue and the display panel will light up when On.Note: Make sure the camera battery is charged.
If the battery level is low, the power lamp will flash in blue.
Turn on the camera WiFi.
- Press the Wireless button below the power button.
- You will see the Wireless lamp light up on the front of the camera.
Find the default camera WiFi SSID and password.
On the bottom of the camera, the serial number is printed on the right side - this is used as the SSID and password.
- The password is the numbers indicated by (A). In this example, the password is “00001017”.
- The SSID is “Theta + serial number indicated by (B) + .OSC”. In this example, the SSID is “THETAYN00001017.OSC”.
Connect the camera to your iPhone or iPad.
- On your iPhone or iPad, access Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Select the Ricoh Theta V WiFi SSID and enter the password.
The WiFi symbol on the camera display panel will continue to be lit as long as the camera is connected to your iPhone or iPad.
Add the camera to the Cupix Capture App.
- Open the Cupix Capture App and navigate to Settings > 360° Camera > Add to register and connect to the camera.